[Vision2020] A response to John D's Troll on Iraq

John D johnd550 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 16 18:34:14 PST 2005

Phil Nisbet <pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com> wrote:

  > Of the people on your list, which of them had ordered the killing of in
  > excess of half a million people?

  What source do you have for suggesting Saddam ordered 500,000 killed? According to this source, the number is around 189,000:
  http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/SOD.TAB14.1C.GIF

  To answer your question, the person on my list with a comparable number:

  Omar Hassan Ahmad al-Bashir of Sudan, over 180,000 killed in Darfur.
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4349063.stm

  Far exceeding this number:

  Kim Il-sung and Kim Jong-il of North Korea, around 1,663,000 people killed between 1948 and 1987.
  http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/DBG.TAB1.2.GIF

  So, why was Iraq invaded, and not Sudan or North Korea?

 Has the criterion for invasion now been changed from being a 'mean guy' to being a dictator having killed at least 180,000 people? How about the others on my list? Are you arguing a regime can safely kill up to 180,000 people without fear of invasion?

http://mail.yahoo.com