[Vision2020] Who started it? Who cares?

bill bonte bbonte at moscow.com
Fri Dec 16 16:31:50 PST 2005

Speaking of who started it, what was the origin of the NSA zoning
mess.  I have read vision2020 and the daily news for the past 2 years
and I still am not clear on two points.

1.	Didn't the realtor who sold the building to NSA know that the
planned use was a violation of the zoning ordinance?  Shouldn't she
bear some (financial) responsibility for this mess?

2.	Why didn't the city intervene and forbid the use of the property
as a college.  Did they know what was to be done with the property or
was NSA's opening a surprise?   If I open a small grocery store in my
garage, zoned R-2,   I'm sure I'd be issued a zoning violation
citation and forced to close.

I seems so simple to me:  the CBD is not zoned for a college, close
them down!

Bill Bonte