[Vision2020] Proxmire passing

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Dec 16 16:08:11 PST 2005

Senator BARAK OBAMA of Illinois above all others, Keely.

The Democratic Party has NO FDR's on the horizon.

As much as I would love to see a woman on the ticket, right now neither
Condi Rice nor Hillary Clinton has my vote.  The best woman available right
now would have to be Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi of California's 8th
District, but I don't see her tossing her hat into the ring any time soon.

The best person available in the Republican Party, by my judgement, is
McCain.  I would have voted for McCain if he ran against Gore in 2000.

My fantasy ticket would be Obama/Pelosi, but Obama is too new and Pelosi
simply will not run.

Thoughts?

 “Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
sideways, chocolate in one hand, a drink in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. What a ride!'”