[Vision2020] attacking our neighbors

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Fri Dec 16 12:41:08 PST 2005

Kathy Wrote:

Reading the tirades on vision 2020 I am almost on the side of the Kirkers.
Please people, use arguments of substance, boycott their businesses, and
move on. Both of my businesses have been Vandalized over the past 17 years,
sometimes by the Right and sometimes by the Left. Sometimes it has been
worth reporting to the police and sometimes I just wash the bible quotes and
death threats off of the sidewalk and go on with my day.

The hypocrisy of who has a right to name call and who doesn't has finally
worn so thin I feel I must depart.

Me:

I'm still trying to understand the significance of this post.  One of the
things that makes it difficult is the fact that Kathy is referring to a
dialog between two non-kirkers, and much in that dialog, and in fact much of
the posting the last few weeks generally, has not been about Christ Church.
This suggests, perhaps, a deep polarization that has somehow come about in
our local psyche that would be good for 'both sides' to work on clarifying
and perhaps even removing.  I don't even know what Kathy means here in this
context about being "on the side of the Kirkers."  No?  Yes?

Michael Metzler