[Vision2020] name calling

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 22:13:13 PST 2005

On 12/15/05, g. crabtree <jampot at adelphia.net> wrote:

> To all who lurk on vision 20/20, most especially those who might be thinking
> about posting for the first time, a quick heads up.

[Deleted for brevity: recounting of unfortunate acts of vandalism]

And then he continued:

> What an amazing coincidence that this should happen within hours of one of the afore mentioned V2020 posters making a big deal of mentioning where it is that I work (as though that were some big secret, I've been there over 17 years) and expressing her personal > contempt for me and by extension, the business.

Sometimes liberals are vandals.  Sometimes conservatives are vandals.
Sometimes Vandals are vandals.  Icky vandals sometimes read the
newspaper(s).  Icky vandals sometimes read Vision2020.  These aren't
coincidences, amazing or otherwise, just an ugly fact of life.

I'm sorry that the vandalism occurred, g. crabtree.  Sincerely.  I
don't have any contempt for you; I don't know you, so I don't have any
emotion concerning you of any depth.  Wait, I lied.  I do have one
emotion concerning you that penetrates slightly below the surface:
your readiness to condemn me by association _does_ rankle me slightly.

If you change your mind about the picnic, we might meet each other
there and find legitimate reasons to avoid each other thereafter.  But
we'll never know unless you show up.  Are you certain that you are
willing to throw away the opportunity for a friendship that might have
blossomed?

Can anyone have too many friends?