[Vision2020] Name Calling

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 21:26:18 PST 2005

On 12/15/05, Art Deco <deco at moscow.com> wrote:

> Heirloony writes:

> "In college I went to a costume party with a young lady who was enamored by
> my wit and charm dressed as The Scarecrow."

To Heirloony:

I don't understand this sentence on so many levels.  Did your wit and
charm dress as The Scarecrow?  Or were you The Scarecrow?  If you were
The Scarecrow, were you The Scarecrow, AKA Bruce Boxleitner, from
Scarecrow and Mrs. King?  Or The Scarecrow who accompanied Dorothy?
In that case, was your girlfriend named Dorothy, so that you were "out
with Dorothy," hence are you telegraphing that you are gay?  Or was
your girlfriend dressed as The Scarecrow?  If she was The Scarecrow,
were you Dorothy?

Please clarify!