[Vision2020] name calling

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Thu Dec 15 17:57:14 PST 2005

To all who lurk on vision 20/20, most especially those who might be thinking
about posting for the first time, a quick heads up. Before you imagine a big
warm fuzzy fun fest, where all the tolerant, liberal, and loving people link
arms and belt out a few choruses of We Are The World, picture this. A local
business vandalized after one of it's employees has the gall to disagree
with a few of our most frequent and most "progressive" posters. I am not
talking about the heartfelt and spontaneous loogie left by way of a
disgruntled passer by, but a premeditated assault. What appeared to be dry
pet food mixed with water to the consistency of spackle and thrown by the
many hands full at our storefront. At the same time some signs belonging to
one of our neighbors were destroyed. What an amazing coincidence that this
should happen within hours of one of the afore mentioned V2020 posters
making a big deal of mentioning where it is that I work (as though that were
some big secret, I've been there over 17 years) and expressing her personal
contempt for me and by extension, the business. Now I don't think that this
matter quite rises to the level of "Big Deal" but I do think that it is an
indicator of what a person can expect if you don't toe the party line. I
shudder to think what would happen should someone voice a pro wal-mart
stance or not condemn big boxes quite enthusiastically enough. Just a word
of caution, getting out of step with the herd will not be tolerated by the
tolerant. As to the picnic, I think I am going to have to give that a bye, I
don't think I can stand that much warm personal interaction with such fun
loving pranksters.

Cautiously, G. Crabtree