[Vision2020] City Council's selective compassion

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 02:10:12 PST 2005

On 12/13/05, g. crabtree <jampot at adelphia.net> wrote:

>   Just because you pose a question does not entitle you to an answer,

If discourse is to have any purpose, yes it does.  There is little
point in engaging in dialogue, after all, if one of the participants
ignores those questions that he finds inconvenient or bothersome to
answer.  As I imagine that you expect Mr. Hansen to treat you
equitably, shouldn't his expectations be likewise?

> and with the level of spin you put on your question, it fairly boggles the
> mind that you refer to it as "simple" but here goes. Yes, thanks for asking.

Mr. Hansen didn't ask for a "simple" answer, he asked for a "straight"
one.  A "straight" answer is not necessarily brief.  In fact, your
answer is so brief (and contrary to reason) that I doubt its
truthfulness.  Your answer was therefore neither straight nor simple
(in that it confused rather than clarified).

Silly games should be played by children, not adults.  It would be
nice if more ostensible adults remembered this.