[Vision2020] City Council's selective compassion

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Sun Dec 11 19:46:51 PST 2005

This seems wrong on so many levels that I hardly know where to begin. Once
Mr. Mack became the owner of that property it was within his rights to evict
the people on it, as he saw fit. It would not have been a matter for P&Z,
city council, the commissioners, or the justice league of America. What he
did with it subsequently may have been. It is not up to the first three of
the aforementioned list to "rubberstamp fairness or equity" (and the last
doesn't really exist; hate to be the guy that spills the beans.) I do not
believe that Mr. Mack was looking to design hardship for his tenants, just
improve his property and perhaps, horror of horrors, make an honest buck.
The N.S.A. situation is completely a horse of a different color. They own
their property. They thought they could put it to their intended use. This
all by itself makes it an apple-orange situation with the trailer court.

I'll stop here as I feel sure that my argument is falling on deaf ears,  but
will conclude by wondering why so much emotion is spent on the N.S.A. issue.
It's Christmas, lighten up! Or maybe that's a big part of the problem, also.
(Your a mean one, Mr...)

G. Crabtree