[Vision2020] Beautiful dreamer . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Dec 9 17:35:49 PST 2005

I have just returned from a couple beers at John's Alley which followed
putting in a major order for shoes at Pecks (for my significant other) which
followed a CD purchase at Palouse Ridge CDs and Tapes which followed my
weekly trip to the Moscow Animal Shelter to donate dog and cat food.

I enjoyed the beers (yeah, like that's a surprise).  The shoes will be a
surprise to Rodna as a late Christmas (or should I say "Xmas") present.  The
cats and dogs are well taken care of.  But, most of all, I seriously enjoyed
purchasing a Bob Dylan CD and shooting the breeze with Ms. Williams (David
Williams' significant other).

Ms. Williams and I discussed a bunch of things, primarily the City Council
session of last Monday evening and their (she and her family's) eviction
from their trailer park in 2004.  Apparently there is considerably more than
what the Daily News has reported.  This is not a matter of a property owner
being "stuck with the bill".  It amounts to "renters" being shown the door
with no place to go.

This is our community, but it is also our children's future.  Let's show
them we care.

Take care, Moscow.

 “Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
sideways, chocolate in one hand, a drink in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. What a ride!'”