[Vision2020] SIDEWALKS: Shoe Traction Devices

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 14:16:04 PST 2005

On 12/7/05, Donovan Arnold <donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Janesta, Kit, and other who hate slipping on ice,

>  With Asperger's, I have little coordination and balance, hence I am prone
> to fall frequently. I have found that if I use a foot traction device I do
> not slip, or shall I say, cannot slip, on ice and smooth surfaces. The
> specific device I use is called "Get a Grip", which is a rubber strap that
> goes onto the bottom of my shoes. They are easy to take on and off and fit
> almost any shoe I own.

I hate slipping.  During the winter, I slip and fall, on average, two
or three times a week.  I've never broken any bones, and I don't
bruise, but it hurts, and I hate it.  Snow, to me, is beautiful only
in postcards.  Thank you for your prescription.  I just might have to
"Get a Grip."  Even if I don't, my wife is twice as prone to falling
as I am, and she does break bones and bruise.  I might suggest to her
that she "Get a Grip."