[Vision2020] List server

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Tue Dec 6 22:02:36 PST 2005

Ron et. al.

What is your point, exactly?

Along with all the "negative" or questionable content on Vision2020, I think
there is an equal or greater amount of content presented that is intelligent
and informative, though there is disagreement on what subjects are appropriate
for discussion on what is ostensibly a list serve focusing on local community
issues.

I have no difficulty ignoring what I do not like on the Vision2020 list, and
focusing on what I do like.  Many subjects that most definitely are about
local community issues receive a more diverse and thorough examination on
Vision2020 than I can find in the area newspapers.  I recall the examination on
Vision2020 of the last failed MSD school bond levy as an example, though, yes, this
required separating the wheat from the chaff on the list.

Are you suggesting Vision2020 is dominated by what this sentence of yours
below implies?

"All unmoderated mailing lists and news groups eventually succumb to trolls,
fanatics,
obsessives, and nuts."

I don't think Vision2020 has succumbed to the sort of people you stereotype
in what seems like a severe slam against the list.

Ted Moffett