[Vision2020] Press Release Drug Tip Line

Jennifer McFarland jmcfarland at latah.id.us
Tue Dec 6 14:50:42 PST 2005

Media Release

To: All Media/Press Outlets
From: Jennifer L. McFarland
	Public Information Officer
Date: 12/6/2005
RE: Tip Line

Your Latah County Sheriff's Office and Moscow Police Department are pleased
to announce the creation of a jointly operated Drug Tip Program.   The
program has been funded and will be maintained by privately donated funds.

The Drug Tip Program (DTP) will operate under a board of directors comprised
of members from both law enforcement agencies and will be coordinated by the
Moscow Police Department Detective Sergeant.  The City of Moscow will be
responsible for collecting and keeping track of donations to the DTP.

If a citizen has information about drug crimes or criminal activity related
to illegal drugs, he or she should call the line at (208) 892-3898.  Callers
who provide information that leads to an arrest, will be eligible for
individual money awards (each not to exceed $1,000).

Both Chief Dan Weaver and Sheriff Wayne Rausch have been vocal in their
commitment to work together and to eradicate the drug problems in our
communities.  The DTP Tip Line represents a wedding of those commitments.

Due to a generous initial donation, the DTP Tip Line has some money in its
coffers but in order to keep the Tip Line working, any donations are welcome
and needed.  To make a donation to the DTP Tip Line, contact the Moscow
Police Department, Assistant Chief David Duke, at (208) 883-7054.

If you have questions regarding this press release or if you would like to
view a copy of the DTP "Operation Procedure" document, please contact me,
Jennifer McFarland, at the Latah County Sheriff's Office.  My direct line is
(208) 892-5664, or I may be reached via email at jmcfarland at latah.id.us.

If you are interested in speaking with Sheriff Rausch and Chief Weaver
regarding the DTP, please contact me and I will arrange an appointment.

PIO Jennifer L. McFarland
Latah County Sheriff's Office
Public Information Officer
PO Box 8068
Moscow, Idaho 83843
(208) 882-2216
Fax (208) 883-2281

Truth is the summit of being; justice is the application of it to affairs.
***Ralph Waldo Emerson