[Vision2020] Foot In Mouth Disease

Reynolds, James jreynold at vetmed.wsu.edu
Tue Dec 6 11:29:29 PST 2005

I can understand that the Mayor might get tired of hearing the same thing from so many different voices but I cannot understand his dismissing it out of hand. The reason he has heard it so much is that it is a great concern to many community members. There is no comparison in Moscow to what is being proposed. There is a big difference between the swimming pool and a PA system with over-excited announcers and a crowd of 300 cheering or booing. Visit the Kibbie dome during a basketball game then you will see what we neighborhood folks are worried about. Organized sports tournaments are not at all like a swimming pool.

This whole project has the looks of a Kevin Kostner (sp) movie. We shell out 2.9 million dollars for a playfield and hope they will come. Where are they playing now that they are going to be so willing to come here to play baseball? We could contract out leveling, putting in an irrigation system, and seeding the fields a whole lot cheaper than that and such created fields would serve the children just as well. Where is this huge sum of money that is leaving our pockets going? It seems to me that it may be going to sooth the disappointment a few over-the-hill ball players had of loosing their bid for the big leagues. The kids will actually get more out of and enjoy more a pick-up game with friends than having to undergo the brutal expectations of vicariously living parents.

You don't get my vote for this ill-thought plan of yours. It doesn't seem as if you are looking for votes though, you just want to pick my pocket and ruin my neighborhood so you can sit on that cooler and remember when you were so good. Darn right I am touchy about this!