[Vision2020] Hating War, Chas

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 6 06:56:02 PST 2005

Chas

What I would have to ask is, why exactly you “hate the war”?

Now I can understand that there are those that are pacifists who hate all
war and human violence.  Those particular folks are those who opposed
fighting even Adolf Hitler and the Nazis.

Then you can believe that there is no purpose served by the current conflict
or opposition to the purpose of the conflict.

The question I would ask, should Saddam have been removed from power?  There
is little doubt that he was a genocidal madman, that he had previously
invade his neighbors and also slaughtered ethnic minorities within his
nation.  He and his Baathist Party operated an apartheid system that kept a
limited ethnic clique in power by torturing and killing people who were
indeed the majority of their country.

So do you hate the war because Saddam lost power?

Or is it that you hate the war because it is America projecting power
outside its borders?  Is it that you believe that we should never send
troops outside CONUS?  Isolationism in otherwords?

Was it OK to take action against the Serbs when they were slaughtering
Islamic Bosnians or Islamic Albanians?  If our presence could have halted
the slaughter in Rwanda, would that have been an allowable use of American
Power projection?  Or is the isolationism required total?

The other classic is of course to “hate the war” because it is nation
building and not specifically in American National interests.  Is that why
you “hate the war”?

I am sure I have missed other reasons that some “hate the war”, not the
least those who hate the war because its simply politically expedient to
hate it or they simply hate Bush or hate America or hate every body and
every thing.

So why specifically do you hate Chas?

Phil Nisbet