[Vision2020] Grunt's-Eye View

John D johnd550 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 3 12:04:01 PST 2005

Tom Hansen <thansen at moscow.com> wrote:

  > I am a disably retired Army veteran and EXTREMELY proud of my service.
  > Tell us, Ms. Kraut. What have you done for your country lately?

  Can you help me understand why you are proud of having been in the  military? I personally see a lot of negative things when it comes to  the military. Anyone can join up for a volunteer force, so I don't see  much merit there. If there is a draft, the choice is not yours at all.  In the military, you train to kill people, or worse, actually kill  them. You operate in an authoritarian system. Finally, the military  uses/wastes an enormous amount of society's resources.

 Yahoo! Personals