[Vision2020] Using scripture on public forums

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Sat Dec 3 08:50:51 PST 2005

Gwen,

I think John's citations were actually helpful, and I found the last one
particularly fascinating.  Note that his using the internet to get bible
quotes does not entail the fact that he does not understand a lot about the
bible.  In one of my exegetical research projects, I actually used the
internet this way myself.  From my experience with John, I don't think he
knows Christ, but I don't think he has displayed "obvious ignorance" here.
I also don't think it at all times helpful to imply that unbelievers are not
'sane.'  Often, unbelievers are more 'sane' than believers.

Thanks

Michael Metzler