[Vision2020] Addendum: Vision2020] Human Hubris & Joan's Agony

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Fri Dec 2 01:27:40 PST 2005

All:

I realize I took a rather dark view of what informs the human heart in my
joy, tenderness and friendship, tolerance and understanding, and so forth.  I
suppose this almost unconscious neglect of the positive side of the human heart
reveals my feelings for the most part regarding the future of our species, but
there is some rationale to justify this focus on the dark side of human
reality in our Ethical life: it is in the dark moments of the human heart, where
momentous Ethical decisions are often made, that a turning away from Evil is the
most difficult!

There is still time for our species to turn away from war and violence and
hatred as a solution to the human condition.

But not much time, I suspect, if we are to avoid a very ugly future for
humanity.

Ted Moffett