[Vision2020] Looking for a classic 70s motorcycle

Dan Carscallen predator75 at moscow.com
Wed Aug 31 15:15:02 PDT 2005

Kai, showing a bit of prejudice, says:
"dan, you forgot to add:
....and muddied up a trout stream, torn up a trail and generally trashed
the woods for anyone else."

Sorry man, you confuse me and my compadres with someone else.  We "tread
lightly".

Then Kai continues:

"You haven't felt the adrenaline rush of standing at the christmas tree,
dropping the clutch and feeling 750 cc's launch you from zero to 130+
mph in a matter of seconds . . . Etc."

No, but I have felt the adrenaline rush of hitting the creek jump at the
Fossil Bowl and feeling the ground disappear from under me, flying about
30 feet through the air, then having gravity (that cruel mistress) bring
me back to earth, then grab a handfull of throttle to hit the next
corner just before heading into the shakers.  Or the adrenaline rush of
the drop of the starting gate, racing to the first turn (yes, turns,
unlike a straight line drag strip) with 20 other guys (not just one,
like on the drag strip) all trying to edge to the front for the
holeshot.

I've seen bike drags.  Have you been to a motocross?

To each his own, agree to disagree, or, as Ron Burgundy would say "When
in Rome."

DC