[Vision2020] prepositions

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 31 13:36:08 PDT 2005

A preposition is a terrible thing to end a sentence with.  Or so opined
the late Winston Churchill.

And speaking of "the late," I have been advised by a bossy-boots friend
that I should not say that I wish to emulate "the late" Steve McQueen.
  I don't need a Triumph Bonneville to emulate the late anyone; all I
need is a coffin and a whole lot of quiet time.  Well, ha, ha.  I think
this is nit-picking.  Would my friend have been happy if I'd said that
I wanted to transform myself into "the living" Steve McQueen?  No
because that might suggest I was under the impression that Steve
McQueen had risen from the dead and, though I don't deny that he was
certainly cool enough to perform a miracle or two, I don't wish to
offend my devoutly Christian friends.  I ask you, what's a girl (or,
rather, a middle-aged lesbian) to do?

In Steve We Trust,
Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment

PS: A dirt bike, eh Dan?  You might be onto something there.  But since
I'm a freeloader who doesn't pay rent, surely I could afford both a
dirt and a street bike?  Lucky me!