[Vision2020] Delete

Chris Storhok cstorhok at co.fairbanks.ak.us
Wed Aug 31 12:00:37 PDT 2005

Carl,(and the rest of you reading V2020)
I just got a call from my mother-in-law down in Marshall, Texas (about 30
miles west of Shreveport, LA) and the situation down there is grim; she is
telling us that there is a real bad refugee crisis.  With the evacuation of
the 1 million or so people who live in and around New Orleans plus the 100's
of thousands from Biloxi, Gulf Port, etc. these people are showing up now in
north Texas, southern Arkansas, northern Louisiana, (basically a 700 mile
radius form New Orleans) and have completely overrun the ability of Red
Cross and local churches to shelter and feed these people.   They need help
down there right now.   I urge each of you to contact the Red Cross, your
local churches and other places of worship, and help start a massive relief
effort from north Idaho and eastern Washington to the South.  The National
Guard is horribly understaffed down there due to deployment in Iraq,
equipment and manpower is in short supply.  Hopefully, FEMA will soon join
in the effort but in the meantime help is needed.
I will try and send this list serve (as well as people up here) a contact
list for people to send donations to.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Storhok