[Vision2020] Looking for a classic 70s motorcycle

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 30 16:46:57 PDT 2005

Hello all,

In my ongoing attempt to transform myself into the late Steve McQueen,
I'm on the hunt for a classic 70s motorcycle.  I don't mind a
fixer-upper, just so long as the engine is intact -- it's okay if it
leaks oil (on British bikes, it's essential).  I just don't want any
cracked heads or frozen pistons.  My dream bike would be a 650 cc
Triumph Bonneville, 1968-1972 vintage, but I wouldn't look down my nose
at a good Japanese bike.  I've owned a couple of Hondas, a Suzuki, and
one Harley-Davidson; I loved the latter but it never ran worth a damn.
Sorry, Harley lovers.  No insult intended.  And I do love that
potato-potato sound Harley engines make.

I've checked Ebay, and there are quite a few Bonnevilles listed, but
who wants to ship from Florida or Wisconsin?  I need a local bike.
Okay, I don't actually *need* a bike at all; I just really, really want
one.  Depending on the condition of the bike, I'd be willing to trade
my much-loved '76 Suburban 400 with 4X4 and towing package.  Please
contact me offlist if you've got a bike that might fit the bill and are
interested in a truck trade.

Muchos gracias,

Joan Opyr-McQueen/Auntie Steve Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com