[Vision2020] Stopping Illegal Immigration

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Aug 28 05:57:30 PDT 2005

The primary reason illegal immigrants cross from Mexico into the US is the
economy.  The Mexican economy is so fouled up that a livable wage is
impossible.  So they cross into the US to pursue the "American Dream".  What
they run into are employers that hire them at wages far below minimum wage.
Several "large box" stores in southern California have been raided off and
on by the INS for illegal hiring practices.

These stores then pay their little fine, reopen their doors, and obtain
another truck load of illegal immigrants.  The illegal immigrants do not say
anything for a wide range of reasons, most of them obvious.

One way to reduce, if not curtail, this illegal practice is to
demand/require companies that open factories in Mexico to pay livable wages.
This, I am afraid, will never happen.  Nobody, in the history of our nation,
has a larger, more effective PAC than big business.

And the beat goes on . . .

"If not us, who?
If not now, when?"

- Unknown