[Vision2020] Nancy Chaney for Mayor

Bill London london at moscow.com
Sat Aug 27 11:19:30 PDT 2005

Nancy Chaney To Announce Mayor Candidacy

Nancy Chaney, Moscow City Council member, will announce her candidacy for Mayor at a public rally at 5:30 pm on Tuesday, August 30, at Friendship Square in downtown Moscow.

Chaney's goal is to creatively plan for growth that preserves the desirable qualities of living in Moscow. "I want us to anticipate the future of Moscow, so that we may direct its course," she summarized.

Chaney has lived in Moscow for 25 years. She chairs Moscow's Public Works/Finance Committee and has served on numerous volunteer boards, including the Fair and Affordable Housing Commission, Transportation Commission, Historic Preservation Commission, Health and Environment Commission, Citizens' Rate Committee (water rates), Large-Scale Retail Development Emergency Ordinance Committee, and Palouse Basin Water Summit Planning Committee.

She is the co-owner of Veterinary Ophthalmic Specialties of Moscow and is a registered nurse. Chaney received a masters' degree in environmental science from the University of Idaho in 2002.

More information is available at www.chaney4mayor.com or by email at chaney4mayor at moscow.com