[Vision2020] RE: Petroleum Intelligence Weekly: Pemex Below Exxon & Chevr...

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 26 13:55:38 PDT 2005

Ted

Exxon's earnings are readily availible, as are those of all publically
traded companies.  For simple short hand on their existing earnings you can
get the forms from Yahoo Finance, but if you want the 10Ks or 10Q's, you can
get them off the net as well using the SEC's system called Edgar.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=XOM

Most recent 10 Q for XOM

http://biz.yahoo.com/e/050804/xom10-q.html

As for the Saudis, you can get the production figures in the materials you
yourself have posted.

You might also find this interesting;

http://www.sepp.org/NewSEPP/SaudiOilNotStrategic.htm

Note that Singer has pegged 2002 lifting costs for Saudi Oil at $5 a barrel.
  Beyond that they have only storage and pipeline costs to embarkation on
tankers.  The higher oil price does not effect the cost for the Saudis to
put a barrel of oil on ship for European or US destinations.

So the Saudis produce over 10 million barrels of oil a day that cost them
far less than $10 a barrel and they get $60 a barrel in gross reenues.

http://www.digitalpowergroup.com/downloads/oil_everywhere.htm

You will also note that the cost of production including lifting in Alberta
is now at $15 as of January this year.

So the Saudis produce close to 4 billion barrels of oil a year on which they
pull a net profit now of $50 a barrel.

On the other hand, XOM only pulls in 29 billion in net profits.  That
includes down stream opertions Ted.

Phil