[Vision2020] Responsible pet ownership

Chris Storhok cstorhok at co.fairbanks.ak.us
Mon Aug 22 14:38:04 PDT 2005

Sunil, Don,
I suppose I did leave the who, and what out but I suppose I could compare to
squirrels, raccoons, rabbits, bears, and turkeys (all of which make good
pets) but wander around unmolested by the laws of man as well.   I did watch
a my neighbor's cat here in North Pole get the crud beat out of it by a
ptarmigan (a cool looking northern relative of prairie grouse and Alaska
State Bird).  The cat tried to eat one of the hen's chicks, the hen
proceeded to poke the left eye out of the cat and scratched it up as well.
I can report that four of the six chicks made it to adulthood.

Chris