[Spam] [Vision2020] Third Street bridge

sean o2design at wsu.edu
Mon Aug 22 07:04:36 PDT 2005

Actually, about the only sections of the hwy that
you will see a cyclist is from Walmart to
Airport.  Those riders doing the Airport Rd route
(heading to Pullman, Albion, Palouse, Moscow or
wherever) have to ride a section of the hwy.
Occasionally someone will do a short section
along other portions.  Effectively, however,
noone rides the full length of the hwy.  I say
that from the perspective of doing the commute
5x/wk.

Besides, banning a legal vehicle from a roadway
for which they pay taxes (OK, not in WA for ID
residents, or vice versa) makes no sense.  It's
not an issue, and this manner of thinking
underscores a way of thinking that has led to a
lot less bicycle use than is reasonable in the
Palouse/America.  But $3+ gas (or the widening of
the hwy and its ugly subsequent delays) may
change that a fraction.

Hope your commute was as my 2-wheeled one was this morn!

--
Thanks,

         Sean Michael
         .dwg