[Vision2020] East City Park party, Gritman Hospital Auxiliary

Robert Probasco rcprobasco at fastmail.fm
Sun Aug 21 19:15:12 PDT 2005

East City Park party, Gritman Hospital Auxiliary

I wish to publicly thank the Gritman Hospital Auxiliary for providing
five hours of roaring thunder to the Fort Russell neighborhood Saturday
afternoon and evening.  The mere fact that listeners who wanted to hear
the Kingpins were all within a couple hundred feet of the stage did not
prevent the band from distributing their noise pollution throughout the
neighborhood.  Even though many of us would have preferred to listen to
different audio, that option was rendered impossible by the deafening
decibels.

>From 555 feet away my meter registered 82 decibels (A weighting)
numerous times during the time span, clearly in violation of Moscow’s
noise ordinance.  Direct conversation with someone in the park produced
no results.  Repeated calls to the local constabulary eventually
produced an ineffective response.

Please be sure to include me on your regular solicitations so I may
relive the thoughtfulness and courtesy you displayed this weekend.  It
is your continuing concern for the well-being of the entire community
that makes you such a valued asset.

Robert Probasco, Howard Street resident curmudgeon

--
  Robert Probasco
  rcprobasco at fastmail.fm

--