[Spam] [Vision2020] Third Street bridge

sean o2design at wsu.edu
Thu Aug 18 16:48:26 PDT 2005

>I could support that.....just as soon as anyone over the age of 13 is banned
>from riding a bicycle on sidewalks in the downtown area, unless they are
>escorting a child.
>And while I'm on my soap box.....would somebody pleeeeeeease tell me why
>bicyclists use the sidewalk when there is a perfectly good bicycle lane
>available 5 feet away?????

>  List services made available by First Step Internet,

Kai,
That would probably be due to the danger of
riding in that lane, which ends suddenly dumping
a person into traffic.  It also depends on the
skill/comfort/adrenaline-seeking nature of the
person.  I have ridden this route 4-5days/wk for
5yrs, 12mon of the yr.  It can be quite hairy.

Or am I missing the portion of 3rd you are
referring to?  To my knowledge it lasts about
100' total and only aids eastbound cyclists.

As for bike safety, the real question may be why
the railroad is too cheap to fix the dangerous
pavement around their tracks at Ambassador Auto.

Sean Michael
'99 LeMond with lotsa scratches
--

********** Things are in the saddle, and ride mankind ************ Emerson