[Vision2020] Third Street bridge

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 18 15:57:24 PDT 2005

As a resident that would be impacted by this, along
with many others, I want to thank Mr. London for his
point of view and advocacy to stop motorized traffic
from connecting at the corner of 3rd street and
Mountain View Rd.

Let us look at the pros and cons on the community of
building this bridge.

1) Significant increases in traffic on 3rd street
2) Increased danger to the large number of children
playing on that street, the elementary (Lena Whitmore)
students during school hours, and the day care.
3) Reduced pedestrian access to two major city parks
4) Increased traffic accidents on the corner of Blaine
and 3rd OR $100,000 to place a traffic light
5) Dividing the neighborhood into two
6) Construction of a side walk
7) Construction of a wider road
8) Purchasing of private land to expand the road
9) Increased accidents on the corner of Grant and 3rd
and the corner of Cleveland and 3rd.
10) Hundreds of pissed off people in the neighborhoods
between Dst and 6th Street because cars will speed
through previous quiet streets where children are use
to playing safely.

Now the pros:

1) The people on the top of hills at the end of 3rd
street can get downtown two minutes faster because
they do not have to go three blocks over to 6th
street.

2) More children would play indoors

3) Some people would have smaller yards to take of
because they would be paved for a wider road.

Donovan J Arnold