[Vision2020] Public prayer on public money

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 18 15:36:10 PDT 2005

Sunil,

We are not communicating obviously. I do not support
state religion. I just oppose the government telling
me I cannot pray and banning religion. Nor do I
believe that persons have a constitutional right not
to see or hear praying or religious symbols.

It just irritates me that people are so intolerant
they cannot give people 15 seconds to say a prayer or
the courteous of being able to express themselves.
Asking for one minute is not an unreasonable request
of the minority to give to the majority. People can be
so disrespectful sometimes.

Donovan J Arnold

--- Sunil Ramalingam <sunilramalingam at hotmail.com>
wrote:

---------------------------------

Donovan,

Others have already pointed out the Supreme Court
decisions interpreting the Constitution.  That works
for me.  I have lived in a country with a state
religion, and I've always appreciated the difference
between that approach and ours.  I disagree with your
views on state action and religion, and am grateful
the issue has been settled.

Sunil