[Vision2020] Ten Commandments Removed:Religious Anti-Gay Monuments In City Parks?

Kai Eiselein, LatahEagle Editor editor at lataheagle.com
Thu Aug 18 09:12:18 PDT 2005

Ted,

You specificaly asked if I would support the Aryan Nations using the Kibbie
Dome for an event.
I answered, yes, as long as they were acting lawfuly.
That's a dodge??? How?
Face it, religion has been a major factor in the human race for eons. No
matter where you go, what you do, or how you try to eradicate it will be
here, in one form or another, for eons to come.
I will point out that China and the Soviet Union both tried to eradicate
religion.....and failed.
Whether or not one chooses to embrace a religion doesn't matter to me, what
galls me are those who want to destroy every vestige of it.
So....if you are so keen on separation, Ted, why don't you tell us what the
government should do with religious sites it owns.
That's right..... IT OWNS. And religious services take place at some of
these sites.
Lets travel to the American Southwest......to the ruins of Guevavi (way vah
vay) Mission, established in 1691 by Fathers Kino and Salvatierra. A bit
further northwest is the mission named Tumacacori (tooma cah cor ree)also
established in 1691. Both are run by the National Park Service. Both are
Jesuit (Roman Catholic) missions built along El Camino Real during Spain's
(a European country, last I checked) invasion and slaughter of indigenous
people. (As a side note: I lived in a house built by Fr. Kino near Guevavi,
when I was a kid.)
I took part as both an altar boy and youth choir member in services at
Tumacacori. I can make a phone call or two and find out if Christmas
services still take place, if you would like.
By having the Park Service run these RELIGIOUS sites and others, doesn't
that fly in the face of separation of church and state?
Pull your head out of the sand......religion has been, is and probably
always be part of the collective human condition.