[Vision2020] Building and development planning

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Thu Aug 18 06:40:01 PDT 2005

Not to try to put too fine a point on it, but
here on the Palouse we're at the end of the
supply line for most commodities used by the
community, from gasoline to pepperoni. Rural
communities removed from major transportation
routes will feel the rise in commodity prices due
to increased fuel costs before their more
conveniently located neighbors. Additionally, the
negative feedback loop caused by reliance on the
gasoline tax for maintaining highway
infrastructure (snowplowing as well as bridge
building) will accelerate the rise in commodity
prices as suppliers choose delivering to less
costly locations.

Voluntary simplicity may soon become involuntary.

Good morning, everyone.

Mark Solomon