[Vision2020] Public prayer on public money

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 17 20:27:26 PDT 2005

Sunil,

Can you please quote me in the Constitution where it
says you have a right to be protected from being
around religion and prayer? Because I cannot find. I
do see where it says the government cannot stop me
from practicing my religion, but I cannot find where
it says people have to hide all religious writings,
symbols, and speak out of the earshot of anyone that
may not wish to listen?

If you are looking to save time at a public meeting
there are areas that you can cut out that will save
more time than the prayer. But again, where does it
say that public meetings should run in the most
efficient manner as to not waste time or upset Sunil's
schedule?

"It does not follow that you are being forced to
practice atheism if you don't pray at a public
meeting."

Maybe not, but it does follow that if you are
preventing us from praying you are preventing us from
practicing our religion is says we are suppose to
pray. Nor is allowing for prayer forcing a religion or
establishing a religion.

Donovan J Arnold

--- Sunil Ramalingam <sunilramalingam at hotmail.com>
wrote:

---------------------------------

Donovan,

I want you to be able to say all the prayers you want,
whenever and wherever you want, as long as you want,
as long as I don't have to hear them.  I want you to
practice your religion, but not at the expense of my
time if it's at a public meeting.  If we're at your
church, I'm more than willing to listen to you pray
out loud, because I have the simple choice of not
going there at all.

It does not follow that you are being forced to
practice atheism if you don't pray at a public
meeting.  You're not going to be dragged to a gulag,
or barred from private prayer or from attending your
church.  You're simply not going to be able to use up
other people's time at a public meeting for something
you can do silently at that meeting.

Politicians want to pray at public meetings so they
can act pious for the cameras and the public.  You
think W's praying is working out well for us?

sunil