[Vision2020] 08-15-05 CNN: Small town may face big bill fromWiccan

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 16 10:50:51 PDT 2005

The headline should have been Small Town Shoots Self in Foot or First
Amendment Triumphs in South Carolina (of All Places).

This lawsuit was only a waste of resources if A) you think prayer is
appropriate and/or necessary before public city council meetings or B)
you're unfamiliar with the First Amendment to the Constitution.  I would
find any public prayer, Christian or otherwise, before Moscow City Council
meetings offensive, and if I had to sue to stop the practice, I would.
Fortunately, our city council doesn't behave as badly (or as foolishly,
obnoxiously, and in your face) as city councils, judges, legislatures, and
other governmental bodies seem determined to do throughout the South.
Judge Roy Moore, for example, has cost his home state a small fortune in
lawsuits -- lawsuits he provoked and for which he and he alone ought to be
financially responsible.  When his Ten Commandments monument was removed
from state grounds, it should have been dropped on his flat head.

Taxpayer money was indeed wasted in Great Falls, South Carolina, but it was
wasted by the city council.  How much cheaper just to knock it the hell off?

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com