[Vision2020] The GWPZ Hearing--water use differences

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 15 20:41:43 PDT 2005

Mr. Curley,

I thank you for your response to my email. I will do
my best to better clarify my statements. In order to
do so I will break it down into three parts.

First, the golf course issue. While it does use gray
water, it also uses fresh water on some of the
courses. It will be using fresh water in use of their
facilities, buildings, and construction as well.

Second, the city ordinance limiting water use is
inconsistent with the rest of the city policy. In 2005
the city issued more building permits than at any
other time in history while at the same time saying we
do not even have enough water to water our current
houses. If we do not have enough water as it is, why
are we building more houses, 5 bedroom, 3 bedroom, or
1 bedroom? I would think at minimum we should require
these new houses to have both a gray water and fresh
water hook-ups, one for outside and one for inside
usage. It is my understanding that all these new
houses are not even limited in how large their yards
are.

Finally, it is just awful that the government is
preventing people from gardening while building more
houses when we cannot water the ones we have.
You are correct that people can water at night.
However, it is hard to see outside at night and
watering at night leads to disease and infection of
grass and plants.

In Moscow, if you manage to be able to pay taxes on
your home after you retire you still cannot garden.
Yet, if you are rich guy that wants a new giant home
and a new golf course, you happen to be in luck.

Our policies favor the new and rich while hindering
the poorer and long term residents of Moscow.

Donovan J Arnold