[Vision2020] Building and development planning

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 15 15:35:41 PDT 2005

Ted,

I think that I can count myself as being among the
poorest in Latah County. Albeit, I know others are
poorer.

Nonetheless, we are better off then we were 20 years
ago, or for that matter, in most other times or
locations throughout human history, much better off.

It is housing that is unaffordable and unavailable,
not food. Medicare is lacking for everyone, not just
the poor and middle classes. But it is still better
than it was in the past.

"You might think about how higher gas prices are going
to impact the lower classes?"

Not nearly as much as high local taxes. You ask
yourself which we have a greater degree of control
over, gas prices or outrageous local taxes? Ask which
is easier to compensate for, less gas or high taxes
and no housing?

Moscow does need help. It needs lower taxes, more
quality high paying jobs, controlled growth, and a
comprehensive city and county plan to put it all into
action. But despite this, Moscow is a wonderful and
safe place to live and we should be so lucky as to be
able to live here. The sky is not falling.

Donovan J Arnold