[Vision2020] The GWPZ Hearing

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 12 17:27:03 PDT 2005

Diane,

I thank you for informing us about the working
conditions of the committee members and that you do
not play golf.

However, you did not address any of the content of my
email.

What I asked was why we are telling people they cannot
water their lawns and gardens because we have a
massive water shortage and yet at the same time allow
for the construction of large homes and golf courses.

Having a policy that allows for the construction of
large homes and new golf courses when we do not have
the water to support the ones we currently have is
irresponsible governance because future resource needs
of Moscow residents will not be meet.

Assuming we do not have a shortage, or it is not that
drastic of a shortage, why are we allowing the
construction of huge homes and golf courses before
allowing current home owners to be able to water their
lawns and gardens?

Golfers are given three golf courses before gardens
can have one organic garden on their own property?
That is not a fair and just policy.

If someone would like to address these policy flaws,
not the working conditions of the members, their
personalities, or what they think about golf, please
do so.

Donovan J Arnold