[Vision2020] Social Needs and Help Wanted

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 12 10:46:06 PDT 2005

Dale says:

"Check this one out from CDA: 16 people said that Idaho has a "King George"
problem, and that the churches should address the social problems--not the
State. We need to get some of those CDA folks to move to Moscow and vote
here!"

Seems funny that you, of all people, would say something like
this...considering YOUR church does not support the community social
"problems" in any way, shape or form save the occasional blood drive
(two/three a year - right?)

How about you guys either supporting existing or starting up a support
system that would help the entire community such as a Food Bank, etc.  At
least try volunteering to work in some of these places.  It may not be
"glamorous" glass-tower work, but it sure makes you feel good knowing you're
helping someone besides yourself - or those in your immediate,
don't-need-any help friends.

With prices and gas going so high, there are MANY, many people in our town
having to seek out the Food Bank just to make sure their families have
enough to eat at the end of the month.  And the Food Banks are feeling the
increase in need.  The shelves at the end of the month have not looked quite
so bare in a long time.  Donations are always needed throughout the year -
not just at the holidays.

"Put your money where your mouth is or shut-up" as my Gram would say.

J  ;)

P.S. Since the holidays are looming in front of us (AGAIN!), please remember
that donations are really needed at the Food Banks; but donations are also
needed for the Christmas For Kids Program, (that has helped out a good many
children in Moscow over the years, have a Christmas.)  They will begin their
donation drive in late October, but as you know it is not too early to start
thinking towards that end.