[Vision2020] The Tax Hearings

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Aug 11 18:50:26 PDT 2005

Greetings Visionaires -

Now that the Trinity Fest has concluded, and after hearing a rendition of
"Sweet Home Alabama" that can best be described as Roseanne Barr on Prozac,
our attention once again is drawn toward unenforced zoning laws and the
Latah County Tax Exemption Cookie Jar that comes with its own profiteering
clause.

On June 26, 2005 the Latah County Board of County Commissioners, sitting as
a Board of Equalization, heard Protests of Property tax Exemptions filed by
Rosemary Huskey and Saundra Lund regarding Christ Church, New Saint Andrews
College, Community Christian Ministries, and Faith Ministries.  These
hearings were conducted over a period of three days (June 26, July 1, and
July 11) with the final Motion and Orders prepared on July 11, 2005.

The digitized preparation and presentation of various exhibits, complete
audio files, and final motions and orders concerning these hearings is a
continued work in progress.  However, instead of waiting until all is
wrapped and ready, I have decided to present it as I go.

You will be able to monitor this progress as the accessible links increase
at:

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Tax_Hearings/

Take care, Moscow.

"I think one of the best ways to support education is to make successful
private schools like Logos prosper through tax exemption."

- Donovan Arnold (July 11, 2005)