[Vision2020] The GWPZ Hearing

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Thu Aug 11 12:27:21 PDT 2005

At least as far as golf courses go, the ordinance
says it will either be a water conserving course
or not at all. The only parts of the course
allowed to be irrigated with groundwater are the
driving tees and putting greens.

Large scale residential development requiring a
full plat has never really occurred in the
overlay zone with the exception of Canterwood
Estates that snuck through a loophole created by
a Supreme Court ruling on city area of impacts
before it was slammed shut by the City and
County. Not that such development couldn't occur,
but it is highly unlikely (as shown by the
historical record and the economic advantage of
tying into city services). How the City
approaches water use in new development in the
area of impact is a topic worthy of serious
discussion. I hope the City will adopt all
relevant parts of the county ordinance.

Phil, there's just no way you're ever going to
rid yourself of the Naylor tar baby. Welcome to
the world of "public figures" and personal insult
throwing and innuendo. I certainly deplore the
practice but have learned to let it slide off me
to the dungheap on the ground. I could probably
fertilize a good chunk of the Palouse with my
personally acquired pile.

Mark Solomon