[Vision2020] was "define libelous"

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Wed Aug 10 15:47:15 PDT 2005

Someone's blog buddies have gone out of their right minds to try to cast any
objection to yesterday's "Wil Hendrick" post as rank hypocrisy and evidence
of seething hatred of the Kirk, when the objections I read, including my
own, said nothing about Christ Church or anyone in it.  And I don't assume
that the vile piece of excreta was written by a Kirker; I would be surprised
if it were.  Further, I think the harm was not to Wil's reputation, but to
Mr. Schutz's, and for that I express my outrage again.

Now, let's see how Doug Farris and Dale Courtney's bloggers can connect that
-- and me -- to other evils all around us.  That sounds like a nice Doug 'n'
Dale clubhouse game, with Chris Witmer getting extra points -- marbles?
baseball cards? -- for each time he uses the word "sodomite."  I'm not sure
what the prize is for being the first kid on the block to dismiss my
evangelicalism outright, but I bet it comes with bubble gum.  Neat-o!

Wouldn't it be nice if the largest purportedly Christian witness in the
community, much less on Vision 2020, simply condemned the email and its
author immediately, unequivocally, and in terms at least as harsh as it
condemns bad wine and food?

keely emerine mix