[Vision2020] 285 billion highway bill

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Wed Aug 10 10:18:18 PDT 2005

I am glan to see that everyone is united for a change. Now lets look at some federal pork.

It is time for everyone to complain to their congressmen. This bill contains some good projects, but is ladden with a lot of special interest pork. See the web site for taxpayer for Common Sence. This group was started by William Proxsmire a liberal Democrat from Wisconsin. It has members from both the left and right. Goldwater was a member also. John McCain  I believe is a member. Everyone needs to unite against wasteful spending. Both parties are equally at fault. Robert Byrd has the nickname "The King of Pork". These things mushroom because of a trade off. You support my pet project and I'll support yours. It  makes good campaign material  to deliver to the folks back home.  If it is unneeded, it is time for the folks back home to rebel even if it does benefit them. Everyone seems to want to feed at the federal trough.