[Vision2020] Recommended Reading was: Does Jerry Schutz have a little secret?

Nils Peterson nils_peterson at wsu.edu
Tue Aug 9 22:22:04 PDT 2005

I note the comments from "Wil Hendrick" and the reaction from the V2020
community. It seems that "Wil" stepped over the community bounds. Before you
disband or lock down the community in ways that might defeat its value as an
open forum I'd recommend for your reading "A Rape In Cyberspace" by Jullian
Dibbell
ftp://ftp.lambda.moo.mud.org/pub/MOO/papers/VillageVoice.txt
(I think I¹ve seen more formatted versions, perhaps you can find one by
Googling.)

First appearing in the Village voice, its more about creating community than
it is about rape. It describes how a group of online users became a
community after an event in their cyberspace overstepped the bounds of their
sense of civility.