[Vision2020] Does Jerry Schutz have a little secret?

Linda Pall lpall at moscow.com
Tue Aug 9 16:36:14 PDT 2005

Dear Bill and the 600 Subscribers of Vision2020:

That tore it. The anonymous, libelous posting that prompted your response,
Bill, and mine here is so far beyond what might even possibly be acceptable
that it has finally and profoundly drug down what was once an interesting,
quirky, informative and even sometimes insightful exchange of views.

I believe it is time to have a moderated list OR to find some other means to
support the list, i.e., subscriptions or some similar mechanism. The "free
to be a libelous spewer" status of anonymous postings should be ended.

While there are some who may cheer at the demise of Vision2020, I cannot. I
can only express real sadness about the state of our civic discourse.

Bill, I believe you hold the keys on this, since this was really the progeny
of the Vision 2020 effort years ago. If anyone 'owns' the list, you do. Ask
First Step to take it down because it needs to be reformed. In its present
condition, it has lost its way.

Thank you for your efforts to encourage Moscow's conversation; I wish it
could be civil again.

All the best,

Linda Pall