[Vision2020] Applying Psalm 115

Brandon Steele moscowsummerbbq at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 8 16:40:29 PDT 2005

Yesterday, Doug Wilson stated on his blog that “…as Psalm 115 makes clear,
we become more and more like what we worship.” This may explain some of
Doug’s recent behavior.

Below I offer four similarities between Doug and his god:

1. Since Doug’s god is unable to change his mind, in other words, unable to
repent (which means to change one’s mind), this would explain why Doug finds
it so difficult to repent (as called to do by the “Open Letter”).

2. Since Doug’s god is thought to know everything, one can understand why
Doug, trusting his sanctification to be chugging along, seems to think that
he also knows everything (or nearly everything).

3. Since Doug’s god lies, as was recently revealed by something taught by
one of Doug’s “Federal Vision” co-authors (Steve Schlissel), one can see why
Doug and his friend, Roy Atwood feel so free to adjust facts to suit their
purposes. (Perhaps you remember, Roy’s not-so-clever misrepresentation of
Steve Wilkins belief that only land owners really have the “right” to vote.)

4. Since Doug’s god enjoys the destruction of the wicked—in the sense that
he causes them to be destroyed by forcing them to do what is evil (i.e.,
‘Jet-Fuel Calvinism,’ and all that)—one can understand why Doug so often
wishes for, talk about, and prays for the destruction of others (and by the
way, this also explains why ‘Trinity Fest’ is beginning to take on another
name, within Doug’s Church—‘The Great Battle’).

So, that’s all for now, but I invite others to add to this list.

Brandon