[Vision2020] Bishop: Bombing Hiroshima, Nagasaki Same As Terrorism

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Sun Aug 7 14:23:49 PDT 2005

Donovan et. al.

Thanks for your comments on my post on the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima and
Nagasaki in WWII.

I was quoting a Catholic Bishop from Spokane, Wa. on the terrorism comparison
involved, so perhaps you can address your objections to this comparison to
the argument the Bishop made, which was available from web links I posted.

The question I posed regarding terrorism and the nuclear bombings of Japan
focused on the war in Iraq, a war resulting from an invasion by one nation of
another nation, not terror attacks of all kinds everywhere.

You made numerous points, but express such a limited understanding of all the
issues involved in the nuclear bombings of Japan, I recommend you first read
all of the content at available at these two web sites.  The answers.com site
does present a detailed pro and con section regarding the necessity of the
nuclear strikes against Japan in WWII.

http://www.answers.com/topic/atomic-bombings-of-hiroshima-and-nagasaki

http://www.doug-long.com

When you start your post claiming that 50,000 Japanese were killed in the
nuclear bombings, when 200,000 is a reasonable estimate, you lost some
credibility right away.

At least read this letter, complete with references, with a long list of
signatories mostly from academia.

http://www.doug-long.com/letter.htm