[Vision2020] Book Review: "Black & Tan," by Douglas Wilson

New man 1564_2 at mail.com
Wed Aug 3 17:36:15 PDT 2005

Visionaries,

I received one of the first copies of “Black and Tan” (formerly known as, “Southern Slavery as it Was”) and have spent the last few hours devouring it. I offer the following book review:

Bravo for “Black & Tan”!

It's high time for a well-deserved second look at slavery in America. Finally, a book that boldly writes just what we all have been thinking, but can't say out-loud.

Let's face it, is society (and that particular element) really any happier or "free" today? Wouldn't everyone just be better off with the old arrangement? Three square meals a day, a roof over their heads, and no need for such burdens as schooling, (which they don't care for anyway)--everyone would be much happier. And there's plenty of work to be done--useful work that would keep idle hands from doing the Devil's work.

Think of the problems it would solve! We could walk the streets again, and have well-tended gardens and fresh-cooked meals. They would be of service to society again, and quit wasting time playing basketball all day. Further, it would extricate us from needing cheap labor from the South to do all those jobs that white folk just aren’t willing to do.

At the end of it all, the Bible is clear. Well-ordered societies require submission. Folks need to read this book before rushing to judgment. Give it a chance, Moscow.