[Vision2020] Not in Nick Gier's Mind, Not Ever (update #5)

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Tue Aug 2 20:48:45 PDT 2005

Visionaires:

I got this off-list email today from "Heirloom," and, wishing to keep it
off-list as appeared to be his preference, I responded below.  Then I went
to Dale Courtney's blog and found that "Heirloom" had used his "off-list"
comments to me on the blog, reacting to my disgust over something Courtney
had included and Chris Witmer said -- a really immature and scatological
outburst regarding another person's earlier V2020 post.  My disgust at the
contents of Courtney's blog entry remains, but since my off-list
correspondent seems only to want to engage with me in the presence of his
buddies, I thought I'd go ahead and toss out to you all our discussion -- in
the presence of my buddies, detractors, and a few hundred people who are
neither.

I believe the item from Courtney's blog was yesterday, just below the Scalia
cartoon, in "comments."

Sigh.  Would someone please tell Heirloom that I'm really not so scary?
It's not like I'm gonna climb up to his, Dale's, and Witmer's clubhouse and
spread girl cooties . . .

keely

My goodness -- it seems I've struck a nerve.  I wouldn't have thought that a
man of chest would be so easily offended.  I don't think I "attacked" you,
Heirloom (sorry, but I don't know your name, as you didn't sign your post or
your email to me).  I pointed out that you seemed to have particular
difficulty not only with punctuation, but with the complexities and context
of American history, so much so that, together, they make your attack on
Nick Gier seem a little . . . impotent.

I think that individuals like myself are not likely to have trouble
understanding the big words you might want to use, but why not give it a
try?  And, as far as not being constructive, you'll notice in rereading my
post to you, below, that the final paragraph demonstrates the use of "its"
and "it's," in a way that was perhaps too subtle for you to recognize.  I'm
sorry.  Perhaps I should have headlined it "An Example Of Third-Person
Neutral Pronoun Usage: Possessives and Contractions."

But that would be mean.

Of course, you and your buddies think that Ms. Emerine Mix is a nasty,
biting, attack-prone, harpy enslaved to her secular friends and their
devilish agenda.  I'm not nearly that exciting.  But I wonder if in your
bluster you're really trying to say I hurt your feelings.  If that's the
case, then I do apologize.  My intent was not to make fun of you, but to
point out the puny nature of your attack on Gier.  I won't point out
punctuation mistakes in any more of your posts, and you can continue to
assume that I'm not only mean, but dumb.

One final thing:  I disagree with the theology of allowing toddler
communicants, but I sincerely affirm your right to raise your children in
the Church as you see fit.  You read into my comment what wasn't there --
nowhere did I say you were wrong, bad, stupid, or anything else.  I said
what I said, and I trust you'll rethink your response when you read mine
again.  I noticed that you wrote me off-list.  No need to, and if you want
to toss this out to the crowd, it's fine with me.  As a matter of fact, I'd
prefer it.  With your name and everything.

keely emerine mix