[Vision2020] Separation Of Church & State

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Aug 1 15:30:30 PDT 2005

Mr. Eiselein -

By your argument any, and all, religious practices (regardless of their
nature or state-defined legality) should be permitted on publicly-subsidized
property, right?

Suppose that a religious sect were to rent the ASUI Kibbie Activity Center
for the purpose of its annual indoctrination of 15 year-old boys into
manhood, an activity accomplished by gang-raping a church-elder-selected 15
year old female congregate.

You would support this activity with your tax dollar, right?  I mean state
laws have no right impacting on religious activities, right?

“I think one of the best ways to support education is to make successful
private schools like Logos prosper through tax exemption.”

- Donovan Arnold (July 11, 2005)